Well I am back from a wonderful weekend in São Paulo, which included far too much drinking and far too much carbs, but I knew that was going to happen and have absolutely no guilty feeling about it what so ever 🙂
Now we are back on track – this is what I had for dinner tonight: Chilli Stuffed Bell Pepper with Melted Cheese!
It is a super easy dish to make, and if you make the chilli in advanced all you need to do is assemble it when you get home from work and pop it into the oven until the cheese melts and browns, and you will have dinner on the table in 15 minutes!
What you need:
- Bell Pepper (capsicum) cut in half lengthwise
- Your favourite chilli or meat sauce recipe – LCHF obviously, so NO beans!
- Cheese – I choose a mixture of parmesan and gouda as that is what I had in the fridge!
What you do:
- Heat up your meat sauce
- pop your bell pepper into the microwave for 2 minutes, or until the pepper is hot but not soggy! Go one minute at a time.
- Place your warmed up bell pepper on a roast rack in a roasting tin – this help keep the bell pepper to keep upright.
- Scoop your meat sauce and carefully put them in the bell pepper halves.
- Cover generously with cheese.
- Pop it in the oven under the broiler until cheese has melted and is slightly brown (this took 15 minutes for me)
- Serve Immediately EAT and ENJOY 🙂